Choosing a conference room at Alveston House HotelView Christmas Brochure
Every business conference is different, so at Alveston House Hotel we have worked hard to avoid the ‘one size fits all’ approach and have come up with a range of options to suit each and every company that comes through our doors. Whether you are hosting a one-on-one interview, a planning meeting, a training workshop, a teambuilding event or a company-wide conference, we can help.
Small business gatherings and interviews
Our Terrace suites, Patio Suite and syndicate rooms are perfect for more intimate gatherings. Seating between 2 and 20 people, these rooms can be laid out in various formats depending on whether you are organising a boardroom meeting, a teambuilding exercise or even an interview.
If you’re looking for a standalone conference room, our Cottage suite can also accommodate up to 20 people. This square room lends itself very well to small and medium-sized meetings. Comfortable and homely, this room is decorated with attractive paintings and has patio doors leading to beautiful walled gardens, so it won’t look stark whether you have a generous number of delegates or simply a handful.
Large conferences and conventions
The largest meeting room at Alveston House Hotel is the Garden Suite, which can hold up to 75 guests. This room combines the Patio and Terrace suites, providing more space while also allowing users to partition the two rooms if teambuilding or other exercises are taking place. Opened up, this huge room offers a wealth of natural daylight and leads into the hotel’s private walled gardens.
While we are extremely flexible about seating plans, we offer five main layouts:
- Theatre style: chairs in rows facing forwards to watch a presentation. This set-up is most suitable for events with a large number of delegates where no note-taking or in-meeting refreshments are required.
- U-shape style: a series of conference tables set out in a ‘U’ shape, with chairs around the outside. This set-up is great if interaction between delegates is needed, for example a chaired committee meeting or again a presentation with note taking.
- Classroom style: rows of conference tables and chairs facing the front of the room. This set-up is perfect for events where note-taking or laptop usage is required, or if examinations are taking place.
- Boardroom style: a long table surrounded by chairs. This is great for a Board of Directors meeting or discussion group, as it allows for excellent interaction and note-taking.
- Cabaret style: several smaller tables surrounded by chairs. This set-up may work well if your event involves small group exercises. This layout can make the main speaker’s job more difficult and may make the room seem smaller.
Not only are our meeting rooms adaptable and well-equipped, our additional conference services complete the package. Parking and Wi-Fi are free, and refreshments can be served throughout the day. These refreshments can be enjoyed in the conference rooms, in the link areas surrounding the meeting rooms, in our stunning walled gardens, or in our award-winning Carriages restaurant.
Whatever your budget, we always provide first-class facilities and hospitality. Call our conference coordinator, Carole Topping, on 01454 415050 to find out more and to get a quote.
“Just wanted to feedback that both of our interviewers have commented on how lovely the venue for today’s interviews was and also how good the service.
People are far too quick to complain these days, and rarely take a minute to compliment, even when it is well deserved… So a big thank you to you and your team for making our day less stressful.”