Sadly we all know that food intolerance of any kind can be distressing and debilitating. One of the commonest questions we are asked is “I would love to come up for Afternoon Tea but will there be anything I can eat as I am Gluten free?”
Category: FoodView Christmas Brochure
We are offering a festive cream tea on arrival with a glass of warming mulled wine, a three course dinner in Carriages Restaurant followed by a good nights sleep in one of our Classic Double rooms. Breakfast in the morning will set you up for a days shopping at Cabot Circus or perhaps the Mall at Cribbs Causeway before returning laden with goodies and ready for a delicious dinner.…
Come and celebrate Afternoon Tea week with two great special offers from Alveston House Hotel.
For the whole of August we are offering 25% off of our special Pimms Summer Afternoon Tea. Relax in our walled gardens with a glass of fruit filled Pimms Cocktail and savour our delicate Finger Sandwiches, Homemade Scones and Cakes.…
Come on down to Bristol this weekend for the 2016 Bristol Food Festival. A wonderful 3 day event starting Friday 13th May and closing 6pm on Sunday 15th May, there is something for all the family to enjoy. Situated on the beautiful Downs, Bristol, there will be live cookery demonstrations, craft beer masterclasses, pop up restaurants, street food, live music stage, vintage cider tent, bar bus and loads for the kids to enjoy too.…
We were delighted to host an event recently for the AA Hotel Services Group. The two day course comprised of an AA Food and Beverage Service Academy and an AA Rosette Academy. Restaurant owners, Front of House Staff and Chefs from around the Bristol region attended the course and were instructed on what AA Inspectors are looking for when awarding their prestigious AA Rosette Awards for restaurants.…
Salmon Fillet wrapped in Italian Ham with Asparagus, Spinach & Sun-blushed Tomatoes
A delicious dinner party dish that is easy to do but will wow your friends.
Follow Ben’s simple recipe to create this beautiful summer dish for four people:
What you will need :
- 4 x 120g Skinless Salmon Fillets
- 4 x Slices of Prosciutto or Parma Ham
- 1 x Lemon
- 1 x tbsp Dill and 1 tbsp Parsley (Lightly chopped)
- 12 x Asparagus Spears
- 1 Bag washed Baby Spinach
- 1 Handfull Sun-blushed Tomatoes (lightly chopped)
and what to do…
- Lightly season the fish with salt, pepper, dill, parsley and the zest of the lemon
- Lay the ham out and place the salmon, presentation side down, onto the ham
- Wrap the ham around the fish & turn over ready to cook
- Put a pot of water onto boil, large enough for the asparagus to fit and add a pinch of salt
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add a splash of olive oil
- Place the fish carefully skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 4 minutes
- Boil the asparagus for two minutes before adding to the fish pan with the spinach and tomatoes.
You don’t need to trawl through the shops to grab a bargain this January!
We want to help you save money and enjoy delicious food at the same time at one of the best restaurants in Bristol.