We were delighted to host an event recently for the AA Hotel Services Group. The two day course comprised of an AA Food and Beverage Service Academy and an AA Rosette Academy. Restaurant owners, Front of House Staff and Chefs from around the Bristol region attended the course and were instructed on what AA Inspectors are looking for when awarding their prestigious AA Rosette Awards for restaurants.…
Salmon Fillet wrapped in Italian Ham with Asparagus, Spinach & Sun-blushed Tomatoes
A delicious dinner party dish that is easy to do but will wow your friends.
Follow Ben’s simple recipe to create this beautiful summer dish for four people:
What you will need :
- 4 x 120g Skinless Salmon Fillets
- 4 x Slices of Prosciutto or Parma Ham
- 1 x Lemon
- 1 x tbsp Dill and 1 tbsp Parsley (Lightly chopped)
- 12 x Asparagus Spears
- 1 Bag washed Baby Spinach
- 1 Handfull Sun-blushed Tomatoes (lightly chopped)
and what to do…
- Lightly season the fish with salt, pepper, dill, parsley and the zest of the lemon
- Lay the ham out and place the salmon, presentation side down, onto the ham
- Wrap the ham around the fish & turn over ready to cook
- Put a pot of water onto boil, large enough for the asparagus to fit and add a pinch of salt
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add a splash of olive oil
- Place the fish carefully skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 4 minutes
- Boil the asparagus for two minutes before adding to the fish pan with the spinach and tomatoes.
You don’t need to trawl through the shops to grab a bargain this January!
We want to help you save money and enjoy delicious food at the same time at one of the best restaurants in Bristol.
Father’s Day at Alveston House Hotel. This Father’s Day, Sunday 17th June, show your Dad how much he means with a scrumptious Sunday Lunch, served in Carriages Restaurant between 12 midday and 2pm.Our exclusive Father’s Day menu offers dishes such as Chicken Liver Parfait with homemade chutney and croutes followed by a selection of traditional Sunday lunch favourites such as Roast Leg of English Lamb served with seasonal vegetables, roast potatoes, mint Yorkshire pudding and gravy.…
Alveston House Hotel to host Jubilee Garden Party, supporting local brain tumour charity
On Friday 1st June we will be throwing our doors open and inviting guests to celebrate the Queen’s 60th year on the throne with a thoroughly British Garden Party and the ultimate indulgence, Champagne afternoon tea.…
The Importance of Using Seasonal British Ingredients…
From a young age Ben has had a real passion and flare for all things culinary developing his taste for cooking in his Mother’s kitchen when he was just nine…nowadays Ben is the head chef at Carriages Restaurant and a keen advocate for using quality, seasonal ingredients that have been sourced locally whenever possible.…