We were delighted to host an event recently for the AA Hotel Services Group. The two day course comprised of an AA Food and Beverage Service Academy and an AA Rosette Academy. Restaurant owners, Front of House Staff and Chefs from around the Bristol region attended the course and were instructed on what AA Inspectors are looking for when awarding their prestigious AA Rosette Awards for restaurants.…
Salmon Fillet wrapped in Italian Ham with Asparagus, Spinach & Sun-blushed Tomatoes
A delicious dinner party dish that is easy to do but will wow your friends.
Follow Ben’s simple recipe to create this beautiful summer dish for four people:
What you will need :
- 4 x 120g Skinless Salmon Fillets
- 4 x Slices of Prosciutto or Parma Ham
- 1 x Lemon
- 1 x tbsp Dill and 1 tbsp Parsley (Lightly chopped)
- 12 x Asparagus Spears
- 1 Bag washed Baby Spinach
- 1 Handfull Sun-blushed Tomatoes (lightly chopped)
and what to do…
- Lightly season the fish with salt, pepper, dill, parsley and the zest of the lemon
- Lay the ham out and place the salmon, presentation side down, onto the ham
- Wrap the ham around the fish & turn over ready to cook
- Put a pot of water onto boil, large enough for the asparagus to fit and add a pinch of salt
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add a splash of olive oil
- Place the fish carefully skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 4 minutes
- Boil the asparagus for two minutes before adding to the fish pan with the spinach and tomatoes.
Alveston House Hotel has been named Best Small Hotel of the Year for the second time in three years. Presented during a gala dinner at the Marriott City Centre hotel, the privately owned business fought off stiff competition to win the coveted award at the Bristol Tourism and Hospitality Awards on January 28.…
Best Small Hotel of the Year – We did it again!
We are delighted to announce that, once again, we have been named ‘Best Small Hotel of the Year’ at the Bristol Tourism and Hospitality Awards.